Verified Account status and the blue checkmark is used on Clout to indicate active, notable, and authentic accounts of public interest that Clout has independently verified based on certain requirements.The blue Verified badge lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic. Additionally, verified status may be granted to Clout users and pages that are notable within the community.
To encourage and maintain trust between users on the platform, you will need to confirm your identity with Clout in order to be Verified. Depending on the category, you should provide at least one of the following three methods in order to verify your identity:
- Official website: Provide the link to an official website that references you (or your organization) and your Clout account. For individuals, the organization that owns the website must be Verified on Clout.
- ID verification: Provide a photo of a valid official government-issued identification document, such as your Driver’s License or Passport. This requirement applies to real individuals, not companies, brands, or organizations.
- Official email address: Provide an official email address with a domain relevant to the notability category you choose. For individuals, the organization the domain is associated with must be Verified on Clout.
Your account must represent or otherwise be associated with a prominently recognized individual or brand, in line with the notability criteria described below. In addition to confirming the identity of the controller of the account, Clout will Verify the following types of accounts based on the criteria described. In all categories, Clout may independently confirm qualifying affiliation through business partnerships or direct outreach.
Notable Clout accounts may also satisfy this requirement based on account activity and engagement without needing to satisfy any other requirement in this section.
Your account must be active with a record of adherence to the Clout Rules and Terms of Service. This means:
- Complete: Your account must have a profile name, and a profile image;
- Active use: Your account must be public at the time of application and you must have logged into that account in the last 30 days;
- Security: Your account must have a confirmed email address; and
- Clout Rules: Your account must not have had any bans for violating the Clour Rules in the past 6 months (excluding successful appeals).
Applying for Account Verification
If you believe that your account meets these requirements, you may submit a request for account verification here.
When requesting account verification, please keep the following in mind:
- You may only request account verification once. If your application is rejected, you will not be permitted to submit a new one.
- Clout reserves the right to accept or reject any application without providing any reason or justification for the decision.
- There is no timeframe for application processing. You will not receive an account notification whether your application is accepted or rejected.
- Impersonation of any actual person or brand is never allowed on Clout. These requests will be rejected and your account will be banned.